{Daily Anecdotes}

Monday, June 16, 2008

Riding in Style!



We finally gave up, walked into Sears, and purchased a riding lawn mower! With all the rain this spring we just could not keep up with mowing our large yard with only a push mower. We even decided to get a bagger with it! Rick thought it would come in handy to bag some of the grass to feed the cows. Gabi and I came home to get ready for her t-ball game tonight while Rick took the trailor to pick up the mower. It sure didn't take him long to get it home and take it for a spin! I heard the mower running and went outside to check it out. I was surprised to find he had already mowed the entire side yard in that short amount of time! Once the cows discovered that the sound of the mower meant freshly cut grass they came running! This is going to be such a time-saver this summer! The mowing is usually my job in the summer but Rick seems to be having so much fun playing with his new toy that I don't know if I'll get a chance to get on it ! I guess that leaves me more time to scrapbook!


Well, Gabi had her second t-ball game tonight. All of her grandparents came to watch and she was so excited. She did a great job playing and really went after the ball each time. On the way home she informed me that Isaiah, a boy from her team told her it was all about winning. Gabi said she let him know that it was all about playing the game and having fun and boy is she!

2 comments:

Helena said...

Oh yipee more time for scrapbooking, lol!!!

Well done Gabi, you must be so proud of her!!!! Well done for putting the boy straight!

Me said...

So sweeet!