{Daily Anecdotes}

Friday, January 13, 2012

One Little Word



So this morning as I was getting ready for work I was thinking about the events of the past couple of days!  I have been sick for several weeks and just started feeling human again!  I was feeling more energy than I had in weeks and set out to catch up on all the household chores I kind of let slide!  It has felt so good to get back on track and I always feel better at the end of the day when I feel I’ve gotten a lot  accomplished.  This doesn't always happen though!  I am very laid-back person and a horrible procrastinator.  Growing up, school was pretty easy and as long as I got A’s and B’s I was happy.  I could have probably had a 4.0 grade average had I put forth any effort but I have always been completely happy just getting by!   I'm just not a highly motivated person.  You know some people have a drive to work but I’m more about play!  I never had the drive to be super successful or make a lot of money!  I'm completely happy doing what I do and living a simple life with my family!  So I decided my one little word for the year will be productive!  I want to be more productive in life!  Life is short and I don’t want to feel like I’ve let it pass me by!  I want to feel like I’ve lived every day to the fullest!  I need to stop saying I’ll get to it tomorrow and start living today!  This applies to all aspects of my life!  I don’t want this to be another year I say I’m going to lose a few pounds, I’m going to declutter our home,  or I’m going to get all those photos under control.  I want to look back on the year and feel like I’ve been productive and accomplished those things I set out to do! Of course that means I'll have to let go of the excuses and try to keep my laziness and distractions in check! I will need to learn to manage my time better and not let the increasing technology get the best of me! It will take some prioritizing and commitment. Here's to a productive 2012!

1 comments:

Beverly said...

Great selection for OLW!