{Daily Anecdotes}

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School


Today was our first day of school! We went in last night to meet the teacher and drop off her school supplies. She was a little apprehensive about starting kindergarten until she saw her fun classroom. She wanted to walk around and look at everything. She was excited to see the computers, book display, and cool games. She did not want to leave. She just kept saying that seeing her room really made her want to start school the next day. Rick had the day off and we both took her to school today. We walked her into the gym where they sit and wait for school to start. She wasn't nervous at all. I think Rick and I were more nervous than she was. Rick, being the overprotective dad that he is, wanted to even go eat lunch with her today but I convinced him it wasn't a good idea! After school she will ride the bus to the high school. I met her at the bus stop, anxious to hear about her first day! I was surprised to see her getting off the bus in tears. Poor thing was so upset! I talked to her about her first day and didn't realize the real issue until I made it back upstairs to my classroom and saw Rick sitting there. He was so worried about her getting on the bus that he went to the school. She wanted to go home with him and it upset her that she had to get on the bus! Not to mention that getting on a bus filled with older kids can be a little overwhelming! I think she had a great first day other than the bus! School is exhausting though! Gabi and I both went home and collapsed and she fell asleep long before her 9:00 bedtime!

0 comments: