Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Basketball Coach?
I signed Gabi up for a basketball program through the YMCA. About a week ago the program director (Gabi's summer t-ball coach) called and begged me to coach a team. Me?! Well, I agreed and attended the coach's meeting last week. The meeting just confirmed that I didn't have the slightest idea what I was doing. I mean going over the rules they discussed things like a full court press. Of course playing basketball for a year in junior high I was familiar with the term but when I leaned over and asked Rick he was clueless! So tonight was the first practice. Luckily, the director's son is on my team and she has agreed to help. Well, in all honesty she actually ran the practice. An hour practice is just way too long for 5 year olds! About 30 minutes into practice they were getting restless. I'm thankful there are only 6 kids to a team. I don't know how I'd survive an hour with more. We worked on dribbling, running, passing, and shooting. Gabi was the only girl there tonight and she was way out of her league too! So it looks like it will be a learning experience for the both of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment