Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Nicholas Sparks!
So I was flipping through a magazine late last night and noticed an advertisement for a new Nicholas Sparks' book. I own every one of his novels and love his work! Many of his books have been made into movies: The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Message in a Bottle, and more recently Nights in Rodanthe. All are great movies but I still prefer the books. Well, I had to run to WalMart tonight and headed straight for the book aisle to pick up his latest. I was headed home when I got a call from my sister! She informed me that she just found out today that Nicholas Sparks was doing a lecture and book signing in Kansas City next week. She told me she'd get me his latest book and have it signed! Talk about crazy coincidences! Well, I'd love to go but it is such bad timing. We have parent/teacher conferences and Homecoming next week and it would be no easy feat working around all of that just to attend a book signing, not to mention the amount of money it would take to drive there for the day. It would also mean arranging transportation for Gabi to and from school for the day. I was surprised when I jokingly ran the idea past Rick and he said I couldn't miss it! So I'm off to call my sister and hope she can get tickets tomorrow! Then I'll worry about the minor details! I'm so excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love Nicholas Sparks too! I hope your sister is able to get tickets and you're able to meet him - don't forget your camera - maybe you could get a picture of him/with him!!
How exciting, such a fun surprise! Almost like the adult version of getting to go see Santa Claus!
Post a Comment