{Daily Anecdotes}

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thank You!

I have been a little stressed this week knowing that we have a Spanish position to fill in less than 3 weeks. The job has only been posted for 2 days on the website so I was surprised to hear that the principal had already received a letter of interest today. He forwarded me the email and I was even more surprised to see that it was from one of my former students and student council officers! I don't know what the next 3 weeks will bring but it eased my mind to know that there is a qualified teacher that is both interested and available. I know she would do a great job if offered the position and being from the community she is familiar with our building!

Speaking of surprises, a student I had in class last year popped into my classroom a few weeks ago. She dropped a card and a little box on my desk. It couldn't have come at a better time! It has been a difficult year and I have been discouraged and questioning my career path. She reminded me why I do what I do! Her words and gift touched me more than she will ever know! In the box was a beautiful letter opener that she had engraved with the inscription, "You opened your heart." Her sweet note brought tears to my eyes. It read: "When times were rough you were there for me. You taught me to always push forward no matter what people say. Through some of the roughest years I knew I could come to you for support. God blessed me with an amazing teacher that went out of their way to help me not only in the classroom but also with real life issues. I do not know where I would be today if it were not for you. Thank you so much for going out of your way and caring about me!" It is nice to be reminded once in a while that you are appreciated! Thank you Amanda. Your strength, ambition, and courage have inspired me as well and I wish you all the best in life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How neat about your former student applying for the job! And, that is such an awesome note, and I'm sure it was well deserved! Glad you got some much needed encouragement.

Marci said...

My dd has a special relationship with many of her teachers and they mean the world to her...you are doing a very important job!

lv2scrpbk said...

Julie that is so sweet. You are lucky to be able to touch so many young kids lives more then you will ever know. I had a couple awsome teachers too. They really helped me make it through some tough times in my life. Be thankful for all of those young-ins. God Bless Awsome Teachers