{Daily Anecdotes}

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Project Wednesdays Eye Spy



I have seriously neglected my blog this past year and I have decided I need a change! Although the summer months are busy it is also a time I can explore my creative side more and I love sharing that with Gabi! So I thought I would dedicate Wednesdays to a project and share those ideas with my blog readers as well! This first project is super easy but totally fun! Gabi and I saw this neat project on display in our local library and couldn't wait to come home and make one of our own. Gabi has been fascinated with Eye Spy books and this is very similar. This is a perfect activity for kids to do on a rainy day and boy let me tell you we've had a lot of those here lately!


Step 1: The first step is to go on a scavenger hunt through your home for small objects. Of course we found a majority of these items in my scraproom and our junk drawer. Items we found included: a washer, a penny, a safety pin, a seashell from our recent vacation, a button, a paperclip, a pipecleaner, a bead, a chain, a bottlecap, a plastic spider, a rubber band, a barrette, a nut, and a bead. Other items you could use may be a screw, a thumbtack, a pebble, a charm, etc. The possiblities are endless!


Step 2: Next you want to find a clear plastic container to store your items. It is very important that it be plastic since little hands will be playing with it! I recycled a Prima Flower Pillar but even a gatorade bottle would work.


Step 3: Add your items to the container, fill with birdseed, print out your list and decorate your container! You may want to tape or glue your lid closed for safety especially since the items are small and may cause choking. I decorated the lid with paper and added a ribbon! I also used clear packing tape to tape on my list to keep the paper protected from water or smudges.
Stay tuned! The next two weeks I will be turning a yard of fabric into a cute tote and matching headband. I will have step by step instructions with photos!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool project!