{Daily Anecdotes}

Monday, May 17, 2010

Reading List


I enjoy reading but don't always make time for it. I discovered several new authors last year so I wanted to keep track of the books I read this year. After a little research I found this cute idea on Shimelle's blog! I used her free printable library cards to whip up this mini album to keep my reading list and reviews. The cover was made from chipboard and the inside pages are the library cards I printed and cut out. I used my crop-a-dile to punch holes and added some book rings and ribbon! It was quick, easy, and most importantly expandable!

I just finished Burned, the latest book in the House of Night Series, this weekend. I am always looking for recommendations for books to read. This fall several of my students introduced me to the House of Night Series written by a mother/daughter team, P.C and Kristin Cast. Although it is another vampire series it is quite different from the Twilight Series. I was hooked after the first book and quickly read all 6 in the series: Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted, and Tempted. I was extremely disappointed in the last book. It was a slow read and focused on the same conflict between Zoey and the Raven Mockers as the previous book. I also wrongly believed it was the final book in the series and was disappointed to be left hanging at the end with still no resolution! But when the newest book was released April 27, 2010 I had to pick it up! Well, this book contrary to the reviews did NOT disappoint! In this book Zoey Redbird's soul has shattered and she is wandering lost around the Otherworld. Her friends have to work together to find a way to repair Zoey's soul. There is a recurring theme of Good vs. Evil. I loved that the book was told from various points of view, was action packed, and full of suspense. It was a great read!

I'd love to hear what you are reading! With summer around the corner I'll hopefully have a little more time read!

4 comments:

Beverly said...

I too, am always on the lookout for an author that others have liked. I read the twilight series too so thanks for the info. I'll have to check them out!

Unknown said...

Super cute journal!

Anymore, I just swipe books from my husband once he's done reading them. The one I'm picking up lately is from Jim Butcher's Dresden series, "Changes."

Unknown said...

Awww so cute! And you have decor'd it so smashingly!!!

KellyCali said...

Totally gonna do this project! We just recieved the children's Summer Reading List from their school & I think this would be just perfect to set up in advance! TFS! XO