{Daily Anecdotes}

Monday, June 14, 2010

Today's The Day!

Today I will get serious about my health! I will cut back on both caffeinated and sugary drinks. I will drink more water. I will start exercising. I will stop eating fast food and start cooking healthier meals. I have to do this for both me and my family! I want to be around for a long time and I need to be held accountable! So I will share this very long and difficult journey with all of my blog readers! I'm not quite ready to divulge my weight just yet but let's just say it isn't good! My BMI puts me in the obese range! Of course being almost 6 feet tall I feel like I carry my weight well. But I really have gotten out of shape this past year. I attempted to do the wave by The Firm this morning to kick off my new routine but only managed to make it halfway through. So tomorrow's plan is to hit the trails after dropping my daughter off at summer school in the morning and try to get an hour walk in! One step at a time!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Hooray for you! You can do it, and will succeed! I'll be your cheerleader! (I have lots of practice!)

Unknown said...

Absolutely 1 step at a time! I'm rooting for you.

Beverly said...

I feel for you, my lap time was cut short at the pool by kids not staying out of the lap lane - but still, I only got in 8 laps when I wanted to do 20.

Unknown said...

We'll do it together! :) I have some weight to drop myself and it isn't easy to take it off. Good luck on your journey, too!

Nati Tristan said...

I wish you the best of luck with this! It's so hard but it's so worth it! I just wish i can get that willpower as well!