
Today Rick and I planned a quick trip to Columbia to pick up some paint and stain for all of our summer projects. We also planned on looking for some doors to replace the French doors in our kitchen and living room. Of course no trip to Columbia is complete without a stop at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I have been wanting to get my hands on the cool, new, scallop punch by Fiskars. Columbia is continually growing and I'm always amazed. As we were driving to Michaels I commented that a Men's Wearhouse just opened in the shopping plaza across the highway. Rick surprised me by saying he'd like to stop by when we finished at Michaels. Most of you know that Rick is a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy. He doesn't even own a pair of casual khakis! Well, one of his friends is getting married this summer and he said it'd be nice to have a new suit to wear. He tried on several and ended up buying a pair of pants, a sport's coat, two shirts, two ties, and a new belt! Rick never buys clothes or spends money so the fact that he easily dropped $500 on a new suit bowled me over. But wait the surprise doesn't end there. I was joking around with him before we walked in the store that he needed a pink shirt. He laughed and told me he wasn't wearing pink. So imagine my surprise when the saleslady layed out a pink shirt and tie and Rick bought it! I can't wait until the wedding. He is going to be looking good!
Well, after spending over an hour in Men's Wearhouse we didn't have time to shop for paint or doors (our original intention) because we had to make it back home for Gabi's first tee-ball practice. She is excited to be on a team with a group of friends from pre-school and she has some great coaches this year! They divided the team up into two groups and one coach worked on batting while the other worked on fielding the ball. I was impressed at how great they interacted with the kids and taught them so much in just an hour. Well, I was hoping to start on Gabi's room today but I am wiped out. I need to get some sleep because tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day and we are heading to the zoo!
Well, after spending over an hour in Men's Wearhouse we didn't have time to shop for paint or doors (our original intention) because we had to make it back home for Gabi's first tee-ball practice. She is excited to be on a team with a group of friends from pre-school and she has some great coaches this year! They divided the team up into two groups and one coach worked on batting while the other worked on fielding the ball. I was impressed at how great they interacted with the kids and taught them so much in just an hour. Well, I was hoping to start on Gabi's room today but I am wiped out. I need to get some sleep because tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day and we are heading to the zoo!


1 comments:
Don't you just love the see them all dressed up? Love it, when they feel good about the way they look.
Lucky girl. You have a Micheals and a Hobby Lobby. Who's jealous?!
Post a Comment