

We got a bright and early start this morning to the zoo! When my alarm went off at 6 a.m. I was greeted by beautiful sunshine which is something we haven't seen a lot of lately. My brother met us at the park with Madi. It is our tradition to have a picnic in turtle park before we head into the zoo. There were guides throughout the zoo today with displays for the kids to learn more about the animals. Gabi was fascinated to learn that the giraffe's tongue is actually as long as her entire arm! This giraffe was sure showing his off! We walked around until our feet hurt and decided it was time to go. Rick and I then headed to the art musuem to check it out. It is set in Forest Park next to the water and is beautiful. I was quite impressed with the collection of art. I was also impressed with the interest Gabi showed. She took it all in, asked lots of questions, and wanted me to read the information about each piece to her. She loved it all: the mummies, paintings, sculptures. We take a trip to the zoo each year so I think she was ready to do something new! There is so much to do in St. Louis. We'd love to visit the Botanical Gardens and Magic House sometime this summer too.


7 comments:
My girls really enjoyed the Magic House. It has been a few years since we've been there so I'm sure it's even better. I hope you get a chance to go this summer. We're going to take our 2 youngest to the Indy Zoo on Tuesday (although I prefer the Ft. Wayne Children's Zoo) after my doctor's appt. if the weather is good. Looks like you had great weather for your zoo visit!
I love the St, Louis Zoo. Is the train still there? I wish I could squeeze that in this summer.
Great photo!
Oh gosh those photos are fantastic!!!!
xxxx
ooohh i would love to go to a zoo....my boyfriend went to the henry dorly zoo in omaha this year!! i haven't been to a zoo in ages and i really want to go to one!! ooohh so glad you had fun!! the giraffe looks really friendly!
That is interesting, about the giraffe's tongue...and great shots too!
the pics are cute - that tongue is a little crazy!
Okay what's up with the giraffe and that think coming out of its mouth? Maybe I just haven't been to the zoo lately.
Post a Comment